Here’s a snap shot of 2021:
– In January, Attorney Evans taught an on-demand virtual course about intellectual property at Arlan’s Academy. Take the class HERE.
Attorney Andrea H. Evans was named on the 200 Black women in Tech to Follow on Twitter 2021 List!
– In February, Attorney Evans was invited to participate as a mentor on the Bizwomen Mentoring Monday hosted by the Washington Business Journal.
Attorney Evans also spoke to Spelman entrepreneurs on 2/23/2021 about protecting and enforcing their intellectual property!
-In March, Attorney Evans wrote an article about one of the biggest myths about intellectual property (IP)- worldwide protection!
Also, check out the March newsletters with articles about the “uniqueness” of your trademark and the Firm’s federal practice.
– In April, Attorney Evans wrote an article about patenting your inventions the right way!
– Attorney Evans also celebrated the Happy World Intellectual Property Day!
– In May, Attorney Evans wrote an article about conducting a US Federal Trademark Search. It’s highly recommended to search a federal trademark prior to filing a trademark application with the USPTO!
– Attorney Andrea Evans, reminded us to Save the Date! Your Provisional Patent Application Expires One Year After the Filing Date.
– In June, Attorney Evans shared a Newsletter about “Oh No! The USPTO rejected your Patent Application, Now what?” About 90% of patent applications are rejected but this doesn’t necessarily mean your patent application will not be allowed.
– We also celebrated Attorney Evans introducing EvansIPLaw Trademark Monitoring Service. This service allows us to monitor the USPTO database for trademark applications that are filed so we can help to stop trademark infringement before it starts. Click HERE to Monitor your Mark
In July, we shared a newsletter about Current USPTO Trademark WAIT TIMES.
The USPTO has been experiencing an unprecedented surge in new trademark applications and as a result, they are experiencing a delay in examining and processing trademark applications. There’s still a backlog!
-Evansiplaw also launched a great live stream resource authored by Attorney Evans! “30 DAY Live Stream Challenge for Entrepreneurs.” Download it HERE.
– IT’S SIMPLY AMAZING! It’s hard to believe that 14 years ago, Attorney Evans launched The Law Firm of Andrea Hence Evans, LLC. THANK YOU SO MUCH! We are hoping to celebrate BIG in 2022 as we celebrate our 15th anniversary.
-In August, Attorney Evans was a speaker on this live stream BLACK WOMEN TALK TECH: WASHINGTON DC & MIAMI CHAPTERS “IP FOR STARTUPS PART 2” VIRTUAL EVENT.
– In September, Attorney Andrea Evans was a speaker and moderator at this event: INSPIRE 2021. 3-Day Inventor Event of the Year! Hosted by the United Inventors Association.
– In October, Andrea spoke at the National Hardware Show and serving as moderator on a pitch panel!
– Attorney Andrea Evans also joined an esteemed panel of IP experts at the AIPLA 2021 meeting opening plenary!
– In November, Andrea extended her attitude of GRATITUDE to YOU for helping to make this year so incredible! Thank you for your emails wishing her a Happy Birthday!
– In December, Attorney Andrea Evans was appointed as a Board Member at the US Intellectual Property Alliance. For more information visit: https://www.usipalliance.org/about
Can you believe this year? I could not have done all of this without YOU! We patented, we trademarked, we copyrighted! We policed and we enforced! Our practice provided services to 46% more clients in 2021. You all are so inspiring and we are all so grateful for your continued support and for allowing the Firm to represent you!
THANK YOU FOR MAKING 2021 AMAZING despite its unpredictability! Cheers to 2022!!!!