Key questions to ask foreign counsel re WIPO filing
– Do you need to localise the specification? Are there any country specific issues which can be avoided by amendment on filing?
– How is colour treated? Does greyscale protect all colours, are there additional fees for colour claims?
– What does examination cover? Absolute + relative grounds?
– Costs associated with responding to an examination issue, office action or any other issues to do with the application at the examination stage
– Can the opposition period be extended? Is there a cooling off period? What are the settlement options? • When and how can you amend the specification?
– Any additional fees for additional items within a class?
– Renewal deadlines and docket management going forward